Description du poste
As a Country Director, you’ll play a key role in driving change to advance children’s rights and equality for girls by working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners. Plan International has worked with children, young people and communities for over 80 years and are committed to making a lasting impact on the lives of the most vulnerable and excluded children while supporting children’s rights and gender equality.
We aim not only to improve the daily lives of girls but also to advance their position and value in society, whilst actively working with boys and young men to champion gender equality.
We believe in advancing children’s rights in all contexts, including during conflict and emergencies, where girls are faced with additional dangers.
Our programmes deliver lasting change against discriminatory norms, policies and laws. We listen to the voices of children in the community, especially girls whose views and needs are frequently overlooked, to ensure that our work is relevant and effective.
We work to strengthen the capacities of governments and encourage them to meet their obligations towards child protection and fulfilling children’s rights. We form effective partnerships to address the systemic and structural causes of child rights violations and inequality, and support other humanitarian groups in order to extend our reach beyond the communities we work in.
We embolden young people to become active drivers of change by educating them on their rights and supporting their activism.
Our work is:
- Gender transformative
- Active in all contexts,
- Active at all levels – from local to global
- Achieved in partnership with other groups
- Accountable to children and communities where we work, and to our partners, and informed by children’s voices, especially girls
- Our work is already reaching more than 50 million children including supporting over 26 million girls to learn, lead, decide and thrive, yet there is so much more potential to deliver high-quality programmes that provide long-lasting benefits to those children, their families and their communities.
- As a Plan International Country Director, you will be the leader tasked with unlocking that potential in country.
- This is a truly influential position that comes with full accountability for Plan International’s operations and results in country. You will have the unique opportunity to drive programmes and influencing work, set overall direction for the country office, lead and grow the team, and ensure accountability to communities and donors for meeting demanding targets and maintaining alignment with the global strategy.
- You will be deeply comfortable with leading transformative change and your talents as a leader and communicator will inspire Plan employees and volunteers while engaging partners, government, local communities and our other stakeholders. You will bring a focused approach to key responsibilities such as risk management, income growth, the disbursement of project funds and the oversight of projects.
- We’re looking for a number of exceptional, highly experienced leaders for Country Director roles to support, inspire and lead our teams. With demonstrable experience exercising leadership functions with increasing responsibility in an international environment related to development and social justice and of programming in difficult environments you are ready to rise to a new challenge that puts girls rights at the heart of everything you do.
- As Country Director, you will be adept at developing people, building relationships, and creating a strong sense of purpose and collaboration for all those around you. You will bring genuine passion, determination, and fresh thinking to our work – with the aim of expanding both our reach and our impact, and making change work for millions of children.
- You will consistently live our values, aligning them with our work to bring these to life.
|Métier :|| |
Management, direction générale
Métiers de la santé et du social
|Secteur d´activité :|| |
Services collectifs et sociaux, services à la personne
|Type de contrat :|| |
CDI - CDD
|Région :|| |
Bafoussam - Bamenda - Bertoua - Buéa - Douala - Ebolowa - Garoua - Maroua - Ngaoundéré - Yaoundé
|Niveau d'expérience :|| |
Expérience entre 2 ans et 5 ans
|Niveau d'études :|| |
|Nombre de poste(s) :||1|