Senior global fund tb advisor
Description du poste
SUSTAINING TECHNICAL AND ANALYTIC RESOURCES
FELLOWSHIP TITLE: Senior Global Fund TB Advisor
HOST ORGANIZATION: National TB Program, Ministry of Public Health
LOCATION: Yaoundé, Cameroon
POSITION LEVEL: Senior Technical Advisor
DURATION: 12 months
TRAVEL: 20% estimated travel
STAR PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
Sustaining Technical and Analytic Resources (STAR) is a USAID-supported Global Health talent hub, offering paid fellowships and internships at all career levels. STAR provides participants with immersive experiences at global health organizations and institutions to build capacity and contribute technical expertise to address high-impact needs. STAR Fellows and Interns participate in learning activities to enhance knowledge and skills growth, expand professional networks and support career development. STAR is a project of the Public Health Institute (PHI), implemented in partnership with the University of California San Francisco (UCSF) and the Aspen Management Partnership for Health (AMP Health). https://www.ghstar.org/ Sign up with our listserv.
ABOUT THE FELLOWSHIP
The STAR Fellowship is a global health and learning opportunity with:
- Individualized, tailored support to enhance the fellow’s achievement personal and professional goals.
- Personalized learning plans and access to learning resources (courses, conferences, mentoring) based on fellow’s learning style and preferences.
- Access to broad professional networks to enhance peer learning and knowledge sharing.
FELLOWSHIP OPPORTUNITY DESCRIPTION
USAID is a leader in the global fight against tuberculosis (TB) and supports anti-TB efforts in high burden TB countries. STAR Fellowship is a key component of the USAID Administrator's TB Accelerator initiative that aims to reach the UN General Assembly TB Declaration targets as well as to build the capacity and commitment of the host governments to ensure TB self-reliance through evidence-based TB programs.
The Senior Global Fund TB Advisor (Senior Advisor) shall provide state-of-the-art technical expertise to National Tuberculosis Programs (NTP) to facilitate the TB National Strategic Plan and Global Fund grant implementation with a focus on case notification and detection as well as HIV/TB coinfection management.
The Senior Advisor will be based at the National TB Program, Ministry of Public Health in Yaoundé, Cameroon and will work in close collaboration with the USAID/Cameroon and USAID/Washington TB Team. The Senior Advisor will work closely with and receive technical direction from the NTP Permanent Secretary or his designee, who will serve as their Point of Contact.
Essential Duties and Outcomes:
Strengthen TB case finding and laboratory systems:
- Conduct a situational analysis for TB case finding.
- Develop an action plan and standard procedures to strengthen and harmonize TB case finding in health facilities and supporting its implementation. The plan and tools should cover the following elements: TB triage, screening, diagnosis in health facilities, detection/ notification of TB in community settings, and testing for TB in other key populations (UD, MSM, TS), as well as scheduling based on data collected at the peripheral level.
- Conduct Situational analysis taking into account the results of studies coordinated by CAMNAFAW.
- Develop an action plan to help the NTP reach key populations, including people living with HIV.
- Strengthen TB Diagnosis by: assisting the development of diagnostic algorithms; helping to revise the TB Diagnostic Guide; and advising on approaches and strategies for using mobile radio devices in TB case finding.
- Support the NTP PMDT officer(s) to accelerate PMDT activities financed by Global Fund.
Improve the diagnosis and treatment for HIV/TB co-infection:
- Under the direction of the NTP, help improve the capacities of partners working at the level of basic health services to provide TB prevention, diagnosis and treatment services.
- Collaborate with all major actors in the health system to support the setup of a functional laboratory network for the molecular diagnosis of TB, including quality assurance and sample transport system, with a focus on the TB diagnosis activities.
- Collaborate with all actors in the system to strengthen the Tuberculosis data collection and transmission system, including electronic individual data with its integration into DHIS2, and the use of these data for decision making at all levels.
Strengthen implementation of activities funded by Global Fund:
- Provide guidance in developing quarterly and annual programmatic narrative reports and organizing regular (at least quarterly) partner meetings.
- Through field visits, review and analyze GF grant data and performance reports submitted to the GF and other partners, identify any issues that may lead to disbursement delays and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Support the organization of regular discussions between the GF country team, Programme National de Lutte contre la Tuberculose (PNLT), USAID, WHO, and other country stakeholders to ensure alignment of technical approaches in the respective TB portfolios.
- Provide technical assistance (TA) to develop and update national policies, guidelines, technical directives, and the regulatory framework to ensure timely adoption of the latest WHO recommendations (e.g., MDR-TB Treatment, Contact Tracing, LTBI Diagnosis and Treatment).
- Facilitate consultative processes among all stakeholders and solicit feedback from partners and policy beneficiaries for continuous monitoring and evaluation of the TB National Strategic Plan.
- Help the NTP to map out implementation processes and suggest ways to translate policy guidelines into operational SOPs.
Anticipated learning outcomes: approximate 10% time:
- Cultivate mentorship skills based on the STAR GH mentorship curriculum to more effectively support and improve knowledge transfer and skills acquisition of staff, incoming fellows and interns.
- Advance leadership skills to successful support capacity building and knowledge sharing activities, and mentor junior staff.
- Apply leadership skills and technical expertise to support programmatic growth and scale up within TB programming.
- Minimum 13 years of relevant technical experience with master's degree in Public Health, Medicine, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Microbiology, or relevant field or a minimum 15 years of relevant technical experience with bachelor's degree.
- Experience in strengthening diagnostic networks including supporting elements, such as specimen transport, biosafety, supervision, mentorship and quality assurance desired.
- Knowledge of active case finding, mycobacteriology laboratory work, and TB diagnostics.
- Experience with USAID projects is an advantage.
- Experience in conducting training and capacity building.
- International experience in assisting TB programs in other countries in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Experience working with the key stakeholders in TB program, preferably the national stakeholders and international donors.
- French and English are required.
All applicants are required to apply for this position through STAR’s online recruitment system at https://www.ghstar.org/, which allows you to store your CV/resume and separate cover letter describing your qualifications and experience, interest and familiarity with issues relating to this position, and how this position relates to your career goals is required for each application. All online applications must be submitted by December 7, 2021 by 5:00 pm Eastern time.
|Métier :|| |
Métiers de la santé et du social
R&D, gestion de projets
|Secteur d´activité :|| |
Recherche et développement
Santé, pharmacie, hôpitaux, équipements médicaux
|Type de contrat :|| |
|Région :|| |
|Niveau d'expérience :|| |
Expérience > 10 ans
|Niveau d'études :|| |
Bac+5 et plus
|Nombre de poste(s) :||1|