Description du poste
Biomonitoring Officer, Campo-Ma’an Landscape
Application deadline: September 23, 2022
The Biomonitoring Officer supervises field activities through physical participation, assuring data quality and consolidating and updating available databases to ensure proper information and report management. This position is based in Campo, Cameroon. However, depending on priorities and funding conditions, AWF may transfer the incumbent to any other location where it operates in Cameroon. The position reports to the Technical Advisor.
Supervise field activities and quality data collection
- In close collaboration with the TA, organize field missions for all planned surveys and monitoring.
- Participate in field missions and provide guidance to field teams on quality data collection.
- Train participants in proper data gathering and entry into the field devices.
- Verify the quality of survey data and treat it appropriately in person or remotely.
- Support the management of camera trap deployment and ensure the camera traps database is up to date.
- Assist in raising local community awareness of conservation and project-related activities.
- Check for Campo-Ma’an data and reports that are not yet archived, and update the database.
- Provide summary information on the objectives, the methodology, and the main results.
- Support in data compilation from biomonitoring, park security and antipoaching missions, and other relevant data.
Facilitate the data analysis and reporting process
- Download, verify and organize survey data as well as any other related analyses.
- Complete basic analyses and interpretations relevant to action in the field.
- Organize results for inclusion in reports, and comparison with previous surveys in and outside the Campo-Ma’an Landscape.
- Work with the Monitoring and Evaluation team to share key learnings and to utilize data and analyses for conservation and management purposes.
- Organize meetings, training sessions, workshops, and public presentations of data analyses.
- Provide other relevant support as requested by the TA.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in ecology, forestry, natural resource management, environmental science, protected area Management, or another field directly related to conservation.
- At least 05 (five) years of proven field experience in conservation; knowledge and direct experience in field biomonitoring, antipoaching activities, and database management.
- Proven statistics and data analysis capacities (Excel and other software).
- Familiarity with data collection tools and analysis software (CyberTracker / SMART, GPS, camera traps, ArcGIS, etc.)
- Proven capacities in survey data analysis technics and reporting.
- A practical and theoretical experience with distance sampling methods is an asset.
- Ability to manage databases; experience with managing files on Camelot, Box, and Google Drive.
- Experience working with NGOs is a strong advantage.
- Ability to work under low supervision and in remote and uncomfortable environments.
- Fluency in French and a good command in English
|Métier :|| |
Production, maintenance, qualité
R&D, gestion de projets
|Secteur d´activité :|| |
Espaces verts, forêts, chasse
|Type de contrat :|| |
CDI - CDD
|Région :|| |
Bafoussam - Bamenda - Bertoua - Buéa - Douala - Ebolowa - Garoua - Maroua - Ngaoundéré - Yaoundé
|Niveau d'expérience :|| |
Expérience entre 5 ans et 10 ans
|Niveau d'études :|| |
|Nombre de poste(s) :||1|