Description du poste
National Episcopal Conference of Cameroon (NECC)
Operations Manager, Projects Unit
The position is open only to candidates of Cameroonian nationality
Number of position
Date of publication
Start of the contract
Duration of contract
3 months with possibility of renewal
SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT
The National Episcopal Conference of Cameroon (NECC) in partnership with the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is currently restructuring its operational systems in place to produce an improved and robust structure which can respond to donor exigencies in the development setting. The Advancing Local Leadership in the Right Way (ALLRight) approach is an important means for CRS’ Vision 2030 strategy to be achieved. CRS places a particular emphasis on accompanying local institutions in achieving their ambitions to be effective, dynamic, and sustainable catalysts for change for the people and communities they serve.
NECC currently has over 6 projects sponsored by several international donors. NECC in the past 3 years has been working as a transition partner for a USG funded project. NECC therefore seeks to recruit qualified candidates for the newly created Projects Unit whose mandate is to coordinate and harmonize the various projects in NECC.
You will contribute in elaborating ICT Policies at NECC. You will deliver various IT related services in accordance with established agency ICT policies, procedures, and service standards to support high-quality programs and services. You will provide responsive, professional service and technical support to NECC staff and partners to ensure efficient operation and use of NECC information sharing, communication, and collaboration technologies.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Deploy, configure, and maintain ICT systems and databases, including networks, servers, and telecommunications. Troubleshoot and address issues to ensure optimal performance.
- Configure and maintain applications and user devices. Provide timely and quality service delivery, technical support, and advice to user requests to ensure proper user access to agency business data and information.
- Maintain inventory of ICT equipment, hardware, and software and ensure adequate supply and functionality, in collaboration with relevant staff. Provide input to budget for ICT related expenses.
- Coordinate relationships with suppliers to facilitate delivery of ICT-related services
- Partner with program staff to support integration and evolution of digital solutions in improving program implementation. Support building capacity of staff
- Prepare statistical reports on ICT-related data and metrics. As needed, implement measures to ensure required standards are met.
- Higher National Degree degree in IT-related field (Computer Science, Computer Networking, Programming, and Information Systems) required. Significant work experience in a directly related field combined with appropriate training/certificates may substitute for degree.
- Desired certifications include Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate or equivalent, Cisco Certified Network Associate or equivalent, Microsoft SharePoint Foundations or equivalent and ITIL Foundation Certified.
- Minimum of three years work experience in a position with similar responsibilities.
- Experience in introduction, design, implementation, and adoption of relevant technology and data management tools.
- Having worked in a structure of the Catholic Church (Episcopal Conference, Diocese) and primarily in a Caritas, CODAS-Caritas, Justice and Peace, etc. would be an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good relationship management skills. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally with a strong client-service focus.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical ideas and concerns in a non-technical manner.
- Strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture, make sound decisions, and offer non-standard solutions.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
- Basic understanding of business analysis concepts and best practice.
- Demonstrated experience building ICT capacity with professional staff.
- Demonstrated capacity in management of network/server software and hardware devices and platforms.
- Grasp of complex network, security, mobile, desktop, server, telephony, backup, application and database technologies.
- Experience with ITSM and systems management tools preferred.
In line with the vision, mission and values of the NECC:
- Responsible and good manager
- Able to build good relationships
- Open to continuous improvement and innovative
- Willing to work under pressure, in a faith-based environment with a reliable ability to dialogue and work effectively as a team with senior managers from local and international institutions.
Required languages : French and English
Travel required: 10% of travel in Cameroon.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Internal: General Secretariat of NECC, Project Leads of NECC, Heads of services/Commissions at NECC and Members of the Projects Unit. All NECC staff
- External: Leaderships of NECC’s partners / stakeholders
NECC-wide competences (for all NECC staff):
These are rooted in the mission, the values of the NECC and the guiding principles and are used by each staff member to fulfil his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results. These are:
- Trust in all relationships
- Professional growth
- Responsibility and management
- Strategic mindset
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, tasks and responsibilities associated with the position.
NECC's talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. NECC is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Files MUST include:
- Cover letter addressed to the Secretary General of NECC
- CV with a list of at least 3 references, one of which should be a leader of a religious/faith community
- Evidence of relevant academic / professional qualifications
- Proof of professional experience.
Mentioning “ICT Assistant – NECC” in the subject line
Deadline: 20/06/ 2022 at 5 P.M Cameroon time.
Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: In applying for this job, the applicant must understand that NECC protects human life at all costs and will require the applicant to do the same if recruited. NECC also asks its staff to treat all persons with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation and trafficking.
Successful candidates at this stage will be subject to a practical test and an oral interview. A full background check will be carried out on the successful candidate.