Description du poste
VACANCY: Procurement and Contracts Officer (Open to Cameroon Nationals only)
Under the overall supervision of the Director of Administration and Facilities and under the direct supervision of Procurement and Contracts Manager, the Procurement and Contracts Officer will play a key role in the execution of AWF’s procurement and contracting policy and its underlying procedures. The Officer will work with the line manager to review and refine the set of tools, procedures and best practices within AWF governing procurements and contractual agreements. The position will Yaoundé Cameroon with occasional travel to field offices in AWF central and West Africa landscapes.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the provision of technical leadership to drive the implementation of procurement and supplies policies and plans aimed at cost effective acquisition of high-quality goods and services.
- Support in the preparation of procurement plans and budget outlining key activities to be undertaken, the projected cost, funding sources as well as expected outcomes
- Support the of preparation procurement documents, RFQs, RFPs, Pos and Bid analysis; and ensure timely submission of invoices to accounts payable.
- Implement flexible and responsive procurement and stores management for monitoring and tracking costs as well as maintaining up-to-date inventory of goods and services.
- Develop detailed tender specifications and performance standards to facilitate procurement of capital equipment in the region,
- Procure goods and services in strict compliance with the organizations approved procurement policy as well as donor requirements.
- Provide support of training on procurement, contracting responsibilities, ethics and guidelines to build capacity and strengthen the operational systems related to contracting & procurement
- Preparation and evaluation of existing contracts in compliance with performance/approved templates and maintain proper filing records.
- Negotiating with vendors on the best terms of service including price, delivery, payments and after sales service.
- Ensure project procurements are conducted within the stipulated timelines; and expediting deliveries and receipt of goods or performance of services
- Support in review, up-date, interpretation and implementation of existing procurement regulations, procedures and systems.
- Monitor contract management by user departments to ensure implementation of contracts in compliance with the terms and conditions of the contract.
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management or related field
- Membership to a professionally recognized body.
- A minimum of six (5) years’ work experience in purchasing and supplies management gained from a large international non-governmental organization.
- Experience in using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of procurement / contracts principles, contracts administration and finance or accounting.
- Demonstrated understanding of donor regulations and compliance issues related to management of donor funds
- Experience working under USG and EU funded projects preferred.
- Must exhibit a flexible work attitude with the ability to work productively in a team environment.
- Extensive knowledgeable of supplies and materials utilized in office, technical, or maintenance operations.
- Highest level of integrity and result-driven.
- Good communication and interpersonal skill with experience in a multi-cultural environment.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer applications.
- Be fluent in written French and English. Fluency in Kiswahili is an added advantage.
Interested candidates are invited to apply through the following link: Procurement and Contracts Officer