Description du poste
VACANCY: Communications Assistant-Cameroon (Open to Cameroon Nationals Only)
The position is responsible for supporting the communications needs of AWF projects in Cameroon. The assistant will be expected to support development of internal and external communications materials as well as assist in event planning and media relations. The position reports to the Cameroon Country Director, with a dotted line to the Field Communications manager in Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as the liaison between the field office and the Public Relations and Corporate Communications team in HQ.
- Identify communications opportunities to showcase AWF work in Cameroon
- Develop good relationships with local journalists and coordinate media relations for field staff
- Assist field staff in planning and documentation of field events and visits
- Work with field communications manager to give AWF field projects communications support; including but not limited to branding, writing reports and articles from field visits, and taking high quality photos and videos
- Work with field communications manager to implement the country office’s communication strategy
- Draft news articles for the news section on the website, as well as other platforms including Yammer.
- Support youth-related activities in across AWF's Programs in Cameroon.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field.
- One to two years’ experience in a junior communications, journalism or public relations role
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent writing, digital storytelling, problem solving and time management skills.
- Aptitude in presentation and public speaking.
- Curious and eager to learn
- Excellent spoken and written English and French
Interested candidates are invited to apply through the following link: Communications Assistant