Description du poste
Compliance & Legal Consultant
· Identified all legal requirements (laws, regulations, international conventions) as regarding the Petroleum activities in Cameroon;
· Enumerate all petroleum contracts and sort out provisions concerning the respect of environment and other legal obligations for the Operator;
· Compare and assess petroleum activities carried out by the Company (***/*** and any other Affiliate) and their legal implications;
· Advise and mitigate proactively against any risks of violation of legal requirements and compliance obligations;
· Receive and follow up on reports related to (apparent) breaches of Addax Petroleum’s Compliance Policies;
· Assist on investigating the matter at hand and proposing appropriate action (including disciplinary measures)
· Mobilize leadership team to support company compliance drive and ensure appropriate ‘tone from the top’
· Provide a quarterly report on compliance matters
· Strengthen training program and enforce materials content to ensure a company’s knowledge of compliance guidelines
· Perform compliance management inspection and supervision duties within their respective terms of reference.
· Audit the effectiveness of compliance management and the compliance of business management activities
· Supervise the performance of compliance duties of the employees
· Investigate violations and responsibilities within its term of reference
· Assess all legal instruments relating to environment respect (gas flaring, dump water in the sea level “psi”, pollution) and advise the Company management;
· Work closely with HSSE representative for environment regulation and Company’s Certification.
N.B: The incumbent may perform other related duties as assigned
· M.Sc. in Private laws, or any equivalent related field.
· A minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience in a fast-paced environment at a similar level of responsibility.
· Proven working experience within a multinational /international environment setting would be advantageous.
· Knowledge of the energy sector, and the upstream operations would be advantageous.
· High attention to detail and in-depth knowledge of national law, (common, labour, business, etc.), and compliance & ethics best practices.
· Strong interpersonal skills, to develop good working relationships with internal and external counterparties.
· Good presentation and communication skills.
· Excellent listening, and negotiation skills.
· Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
· Oral and written fluency both in English and French.
· Maintain high level of respect for confidentiality
· The ability to maintain the high level of objectivity, and integrity when engaged in complex cases
· Manage expectations while assuring appropriate technical quality
· Act as an advisor, instructor with various range of audience while maintaining diplomatic approach.
· Understanding the complexity of operations and practices within the energy sector and the Offshore EP in particular
Compensation And Other Benefits
Douala, Douala, Cameroon