Description du poste
Regional HR Business Partner - Francophone Countries Countries (Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Burundi, Niger, Togo and DRC ).
The Regional HR Business Partner provides subject matter and participates in strategic, organization-wide decisions. Collaborates with the Global Human Resources team in modeling Pathfinder’s core values, translating strategic plans into operational Human Resources initiatives, promotes positive employee engagement and relations, improves team and organizational effectiveness. In Collaboration with Global Human Resources team provides leadership and operational guidance to the Recruitments, employee relations, Talent Management, Total Rewards, and HR Operations teams in a variety of human resources programs, policies, and practices that align with organizational strategy and objectives and best practices.
Essential Job Duties:
- Oversees the day-to-day management of the Regional Human Resources operations and processes. Provide guidance to Regional HR practitioners.
- Oversees recruitment strategy, policy and practices, leading the HR planning for regional recruitment efforts, including succession planning and career pathing. Oversees the development of Talent Management System Talent Management system, with a focus on process/cost efficiencies and coordination across business units and the region.
- Leads, manages, or participates on cross-functional project teams including employee engagement initiatives.
- Collaborates on internal investigations, as assigned by the HRBP leadership after receiving them from Compliance BU concerning potential violations of Pathfinder HR policy, practices, or values. Review complaints, develop investigation plans, gather data and facts, conduct interviews, analyze data, write comprehensive reports with findings and recommendations for action and ensure appropriate retention and filing of investigation-related documents.
- Leads and establishes programs to retain high caliber, well performing staff through learning programs, performance management, career pathing, succession planning, and career development. Develops resourceful approaches to training delivery, including training for managers, and onboarding for staff.
- Leads the HRM team to own and drive compliance with Pathfinder policies, including delivery of effective global policy training, in alignment with overall Learning strategies, to meet deadlines, using appropriate internal and external communications, tools and resources.
- Partners with technical directors/Country Directors and Country HR leads to support management and maintenance of country-specific policies, laws, guidelines, standards and procedures, to ensure that processes are effective and efficient in preventing, detecting, and correcting noncompliance with applicable laws and regulations, donor requirements, and Pathfinder policies and standards of conduct.
- Builds the Regional Human Resources capacity in total rewards but also ensure fair and competitive total reward programs and practices.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Leadership and Management: Proven advanced ability to recruit, hire, train, supervise and develop staff.
- HR Standards, Guidelines, and Practices: Advanced knowledge of best practices, guidelines, regulations, and standards for managing Human Resources.
- Employee Life Cycle: Advanced knowledge of the employee life cycle from recruiting through separation of employment.
- HR Files and Documentation: Advanced knowledge of legal requirements, procedures, and practices for filing and maintaining HR records.
- Labor Law and Practices: Advanced knowledge of the country’s labor laws, regulations, and practices.
- Demonstrated expertise in organizational effectiveness, talent management, and working within a matrix structure.
- Compliance: Foundational knowledge of the elements of compliance, and organizational risks.
- Investigation: Able to identify problems, gather and analyze data, interview using active listening skills, form unbiased, fact-based conclusions, and write reports with findings and recommendations.
- Must be comfortable interviewing staff, partners, at all levels on sometimes sensitive topics.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Project Planning and Management: Advanced skills in project planning, Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Proven ability to influence using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. In-depth demonstrated customer service skills.
- Organization, Planning, and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning, and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to coordinate activities.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes, and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive. Influence and lead in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
- Interpersonal skills enabling sensitive conversations with employees, partners, on a range of topics.
Required Education, Training, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree Human Resources Management, Business, Operations, or a related field, or a combination of education and experience that yields the required competencies
- Minimum 10 years’ experience leading HR functions
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with an international non-governmental organization funded by USAID and other donors
- Minimum of 3 years’ supervising professional staff
- Minimum of 3 years’ compensation management experience utilizing Birches Group Salary Surveys or similar product
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with HRIS and procurement software applications.
Preferred Education and Work Experience:
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, SPHR, CCP professional certificate
- Experience using UKGPro, Workday, or similar product
- Fluent in both French and English
|Métier :|| |
Management, direction générale
Métiers de la santé et du social
|Secteur d´activité :|| |
Services collectifs et sociaux, services à la personne
|Type de contrat :|| |
CDI - CDD
|Région :|| |
Bafoussam - Bamenda - Bertoua - Buéa - Douala - Ebolowa - Garoua - Maroua - Ngaoundéré - Yaoundé - International
|Niveau d'expérience :|| |
Expérience entre 5 ans et 10 ans
|Niveau d'études :|| |
|Compétences clés :|| |
|Nombre de poste(s) :||1|