Description du poste
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF A CASHIER
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture calls for applications for to the recruitment of a dynamic and experienced Cashier to support in Accounting Unit activities in Cameroon.
The Position: The Cashier will be based in Yaoundé, Cameroon, and reports to the Station Accountant in Cameroon. The Cashier is to assist in various activities in the Accounting Unit.
- Payment of All Station invoices (Cash and Mobile Money) and Receipt of all Station cash transactions;
- Check and Register all incoming invoices in the Accounts Payable platform;
- Ensure accurate cash management and timely cash reports (Daily) while disbursing funds as per IITA’s Financial procedures;
- Ensure accurate management of MTN and Orange Money accounts and timely reports (Daily) on MTN and Orange accounts per IITA's Financial procedures;
- Follow up on utility invoices at the Station;
- Reconcile all Cash and Bank Payments in the Accounts Payable Platform;
- Ensure that all hosted partners’ supporting documents which have been processed, entered and approved are ready for collection monthly;
- Data entry - Ensure to capture cash data from a wide variety of documents into the Oracle GL. Verifying and ensuring accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data;
- Participate in the preparation of Financial Audits when applicable;
- Ensure proper filing of Accounting and accounting related documents
- Perform E-filling of accounting related documents;
- Perform other duties, as required by supervisor.
- Holder of at least a Bac+2 (GCE A-Level+2) diploma in accounting, management or finance (BTS, DUT, DEUG);
- Have at least 2 (two) years of professional experience, with at least 1 (one) year, as Cashier or Accountant;
- Have a good command of computer tools and software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Teams, Web browsers, Smart-phone applications, Oracle);
- Familiarity with NGOs and/or international organisations would be an asset;
- Be highly available with strong integrity;
- The candidate must communicate fluently in both English and French.
What are the conditions?
The position is open to Cameroon Citizen only.
Equity in employment
IITA encourages applications from women, men, young people who believe they meet the requirements of the position. All applications will be assessed in a fair and objective manner.
Application folder: The application folder shall include the following documents:
- a letter of application including the full names of the candidate, his/her full address, phone number and email address;
- a detailed curriculum vitae;
- a letter of motivation (maximum one page);
- a copy of the national identity card;
- a copy of academic certificate
- a list of three referees including their contacts (one of them must be a current or former supervisor of the candidate)
- a completed online application form; kindly fill the form in addition to sending your application file available on https://forms.gle/m94V4Y6ooHGRMskbA
The Resident Representative
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture in Cameroon
P.O. Box 2008 Yaoundé (Messa) Tel : 222237434 ; (+237) 699319747
Email: [email protected]
Application for the position of: Station Cashier
Selection Modality: The selection will be done in 03 (three) steps:
- shortlist through file analysis
- written test
- oral interview (On-line)
Only applications received in French or English will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.