Description du poste
Poste proposé : Software Engineering Manager III - Remote (EMEA)
What You’ll Do
- You’ll be leading an engineering organization consisting of several delivery teams (>= 20 engineers), distributed across several geographic locations. Your challenges include
- Develop and build engineering teams attract, recruit and retain capable individuals (engineers and managers) to grow a resilient, diverse organization.
- Enable and support team managers to maximize team members’ potential and unlock high performance and impact by fostering the habits of goal-setting and regular, insightful feedback. Assess team performance and hold team managers accountable for their parts.
- Building effective trustful communication channels between teams, stakeholders and higher management.
- Coach team managers and members to continuously learn and develop themselves.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve the way of working and instigate a continuous improvement culture.
- Identify and manage risks to successful delivery on commitments, define corrective actions and report to higher management.
- Create a safe, professional, and employee friendly environment with a focus on productivity, quality, transparency, openness, and engagement.
- Set up your team for innovation; assuring continuous focus on valuable product improvements through applied research and experimentation.
- Define and forecast budget and control cost for your organization
Profil recherché pour le poste : Software Engineering Manager III - Remote (EMEA)
What You’ll Need
- You have a proven track record in managing larger software engineering teams (±30 engineers) and experience having managers as direct reports.
- Analytical skills and data-driven mindset
- Thorough understanding of the entire software engineering lifecycle.
- University degree level knowledge in Computer Science.
- Hands-on software engineering experience.
- Applied research experience, as demonstrated through the successful rollout of systematic experimentation and innovation practices in the industry.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence senior stakeholders and engineers
- Good communication, influencing, time management, and problem-solving skills.
What's Nice To Have
- Software development experience in modern object-oriented languages such as Kotlin or C++
- Experience with the navigation software domain or in the automotive industry
- Exposure to APIs, SDKs, public cloud and microservices
- PhD in Computer Science or other quantitative discipline.
Meet your team
- We’re PU Directions, a product unit within TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit. We develop software for onboard, hybrid, and online navigation applications – used by hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our software includes navigation domain logic for traffic-dependent routing and route guidance, and an innovative Electric Vehicle suite; we change the way digital maps are designed and used for navigation. On our team, you’ll see your work transforming connected and embedded navigation around the world.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package.
- Work flexibility program - work from both home and the office !
- Home office benefits, with a setup budget and a monthly allowance to support.
- Chance to work abroad for 90-calendar days in select countries and states!
- Holiday package that includes your birthday off and a volunteering day per year.
- Bring your ideas and innovation to life during our Hackathon, DevDays, and more!
- Take on learning opportunities – internal programs, O’Reilly, and LinkedIn learning.
- The opportunity to join one of the few top tech location specialists and have an impact on the future of mobility.
- Be part of a supportive, inclusive, and global culture.
After you apply
- First call If your application matches the role, then it’s time to put a voice to the name! We’ll call you to set up an interview.
- First interview In this interview, we want to know more about you – what excites you about location technology and how can you help us solve global challenges for specific teams.
- Second interview We'll dive into your potential role, showing you how you’ll fit into your team and contribute to our vision.
- Third interview We'll continue to dive into your potential role, showing you how you’ll fit into your team and contribute to our vision.
- The final decision Cue the fireworks because we’ll start the onboarding.
Critères de l'annonce pour le poste : Software Engineering Manager III - Remote (EMEA)
|Métier :|| |
Informatique, nouvelles technologies
R&D, gestion de projets
|Secteur d´activité :|| |
Informatique, SSII, Internet
Ingénierie, études développement
|Type de contrat :|| |
|Région :|| |
Bafoussam - Bamenda - Bertoua - Buéa - Douala - Ebolowa - Garoua - Maroua - Ngaoundéré - Yaoundé - International
|Niveau d'expérience :|| |
Expérience entre 2 ans et 5 ans
|Niveau d'études :|| |
Bac+5 et plus
|Compétences clés :|| |
|Nombre de poste(s) :||1|