Description du poste
Buea, SOUTH-WEST, Cameroonreq28601Share Save Job Back to Search
Requisition ID: req28601
Job Title: Finance Officer
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: Not Applicable
SCOPE OF WORK :
Finance Officer will have the role of managing aspects of finance in coordination with Main Office in Yaoundé. The finance officer will depend on a hierarchical link of Field Coordinator of Buea but will depend functionally to finance Manager in Yaoundé.
Roles & Responsabilities
Coordinate the overall field finance role & adequately cover staff absence during various trainings for IRC system training by working closely with field support and program team and with Field coordinate.
- Responsible for processing the payments for Bank and cash transactions.
- Coordinate with banks and financial institution with regards to project activities.
- Ensure completeness of payment documents in compliance to IRC and Donor policies and procedure
- Ensuring internal control procedures are followed for all cash disbursements, receipts and transfers.
- Update the cash and bank books on daily basis with proper reconciliation of closing balances.
- Review all the payments documents for proper coding and supporting documents.
- Keeping updated records of prepayments in respect to staff insurance, rents for all programs and their monthly amortization. Also
- keeping track of their utility bills and travel expenses.
- Manage the classification of accounting and administrative documents
- Review Purchase Orders and Purchase Requests for proper coding and budget adequacy before approval.
- Perform the projected monthly cash in coordination with relevant team members and send it to the Finance team in Yaoundé
Administrative and compliance duties
- Observe the procedures of purchase at the time of delivery of advances.
- Perform regular cash count with the Field Coordinator
- Oversee the payment turn-over period to avoid delays in handling requests submitted to finance
- Oversee proper and systematic filing of all payment requests, ensure regular and proper archiving both online and hardcopy
- documents and submit to Yaounde office timely.
- In liaison with Logistics department, prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered but not captured in financial reports
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of the staff under his supervision
- Report to the Finance Manager any irregularities that occur within the IRC office, staff compound and sites on policy and procedures.
Project Monitoring duties
- Conduct BVA review regularly, attend project implementation meetings and follow upon action points
- Assist in monthly and quarterly financial reports to be reviewed by Finance Manager/Assistant Finance Controller.
- Perform other duties, as necessary and/or as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting and knowledge in administration or Advance diploma in accounting from recognized
- College /Institutions with minimum of three (3) years of Finance experience and administration.
- Computer literate with significant experience in excel, accounting package knowledge (Microsoft Office software, SUN System) will be an added advantage.
- The candidate should be mature, with stable personality and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent English written and verbal communications skills and proficiency in French.
Place of Submission of Applications
The complete files should be deposited online or can also be deposited in an anonymous envelope bearing the mention: » Finance Officer, Buea Office » in the offices of IRC in Maroua district Pitoire; Yaoundé behind Usine Bastos, Kousseri Residential Area, Buea Camp sic, Bamenda Governor’s Street
NB: Deadline for admissibility of files: July 8th, 2022, at 5 p.m. prompt.
Applications from Female candidates and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted