Description du poste
Head of Projects Unit
National Episcopal Conference of Cameroon (NECC)
The position is open only to candidates of Cameroonian nationality
Number of position
Date of publication
Expected start date
Duration of Contract
3 months with possibility of renewal
SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT
The National Episcopal Conference of Cameroon (NECC) in partnership with the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is currently restructuring its operational systems in place to produce an improved and robust structure which can respond to donor exigencies in the development setting. The Advancing Local Leadership in the Right Way (ALLRight) approach is an important means for CRS’ Vision 2030 strategy to be achieved. CRS places a particular emphasis on accompanying local institutions in achieving their ambitions to be effective, dynamic, and sustainable catalysts for change for the people and communities they serve.
NECC currently has over 6 projects sponsored by several international donors. NECC in the past 3 years has been working as a transition partner for a USG funded project. NECC therefore seeks to recruit qualified candidates for the newly created Projects Unit whose mandate is to coordinate and harmonize the various projects in NECC.
The Head of Projects Unit will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing the management of NECC projects on behalf of and in collaboration with the General Secretary. S/he will ensure that donor expectations are met in terms of services delivered at the community, facility, and household levels. S/he will facilitate donor engagements on behalf of CENC while the project managers will be responsible for collaboration between church partners, Community-based Organization (CBOs), administrative, traditional and community partners and stakeholders to create an atmosphere suitable for delivery of quality and sustainable services needy project beneficiaries and their families. The Head of Projects Unit will also facilitate collaboration between NECC and major development stakeholders, Government of Cameroon line ministries, UN Agencies, and other major international development and humanitarian agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee effective management of NECC projects at the community, facility, and household levels.
- Take the lead in updatings the sub-grantee manual and take part in selecting sub-grantees for NECC projects.
- Coordinating, plan and implement all project activities at NECC in partnership with church partners and the CBOs levels.
- Organize annual coordination meetings or periodic meetings as need arises.
- Initiate and manage relationship with operational partners and stakeholders in the field.
- Ensure agile, timely and effective with engagements with project donors under the supervision of the Secretary General.
- Coordinate timely and quality reporting to the donors.
- Participate in strategic analysis and planning.
- Assist Senior Management in making strategic decisions for all matters related to the delivery of services to project participants.
- Ensure the capacity of church partners and CBOs is strengthened
Administration & Financial Management
- Ensure respect of USG and international regulations in the management of project funds by church partner and sub-grantees.
- Ensure good stewardship through sound and accurate financial and administrative management of the project resources.
- Ensure the implementation of donor’s Expenditure Analysis (EA) is effectively applied in projects within NECC’s portfolio.
- Participate in the preparation of cash forecasts and the management of cash advances and liquidations as needed.
- Ensure that all relevant documents, correspondence, and e-mails are properly maintained according to the established filing system.
- Ensure compliance with internal NECC and donor requirements.
- Assist the Secretary General in donor engagement and budget management as need be.
- Support the development of detailed implementation plans and monitoring and reporting tools for operational activities of projects and partners.
- Participate in the development of annual work plans.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Project Management, Business Management, or related field.
- At least 7 years of experience in management large/national programs, working with international organizations, civil society organizations, and the Government.
- Experience in designing and managing development projects.
- Experience in designing and managing community-based activities and manage/coordinate partners.
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing both English and French.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office (especially Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Having worked in a structure of the Catholic Church (Episcopal Conference, Diocese) and primarily in a Caritas, CODAS-Caritas, Justice and Peace, etc. would be an asset.
- Very good strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Very good relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented, and results-oriented.
- Significant experience in NGO management
- Exceptional organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and public speaking skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills.
In line with the vision, mission and values of the NECC:
- Responsible and good manager
- Able to build good relationships
- Open to continuous improvement and innovative
- Willing to work under pressure, in a faith-based environment with a reliable ability to dialogue and work effectively as a team with senior managers from local and international institutions.
Languages required: Must be bilingual (English and French) and proficient in at least one of the two languages.
Travel Required : 30% travel within Cameroon
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Supervisory: All staff of the Projects Unit, NECC Project Managers, Project Directors, and Chiefs of Party.
Internal: Secretary General, Deputy Secretary General, General Bursar, Internal Controller/Auditor, General Accountant.
External: Officials of donor agencies, implementing church partners and community-based organizations, Government of the Republic of Cameroon Ministries, and other stakeholders.
NECC-wide competences (for all NECC staff):
These are rooted in the mission, the values of the NECC and the guiding principles and are used by each staff member to fulfil his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results. These are:
- Trust in all relationships
- Professional growth
- Responsibility and management
- Strategic mindset
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, tasks and responsibilities associated with the position.
NECC's talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. NECC is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Files MUST include:
- Cover letter addressed to the Secretary General of NECC
- CV with a list of at least 3 references, one of which should be a leader of a religious/faith community
- Evidence of relevant academic / professional qualifications
- Proof of professional experience.
Mentioning « Head of Projects Unit– NECC»
Deadline : 20/06/ 2022 at 5 P.M Cameroon time.
Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: In applying for this job, the applicant must understand that NECC protects human life at all costs and will require the applicant to do the same if recruited. NECC also asks its staff to treat all persons with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation and trafficking.
Successful candidates at this stage will be subject to a practical test and an oral interview. A full background check will be carried out on the successful candidate.