Description du poste
Hiring Agency:Embassy YaoundePosition Title:General Services Clerk: Open to US EFMs only/All Agencies (GSO Assistant (Property/Receiving))
Open Period:07/22/2022 – 08/07/2022Format MM/DD/YYYYVacancy
Time Zone:GMT+1Series/Grade:FP – 0105 8Salary:USD $34,770 – USD $34,770
Work Schedule:Full-time – Full time (40 hours/week)
Promotion Potential:FP-8Duty Location(s):
Yaounde, CMTelework Eligible:NoFor More Info: HR Section
Hiring Path:• Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:For USEFM – FP is 08. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
• U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) – All Agencies
Security Clearance Required:Secret/Confidential ClearanceAppointment TypeTemporaryAppointment Type Details:Definite not to Exceed five years minus one dayMarketing Statement:
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.Summary:
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time (40 number of hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.Supervisory Position:NoRelocation Expenses Reimbursed:NoTravel Required:Occasional Travel
Occasional Travel will be required
The incumbent assists the Senior General Services Officer and Assistant General Services Officer in day-to-day operations and supervision of General Services Office functional units (Procurement, Warehouse/Supply, Shipping/Customs, Motor Pool, Housing, Travel). Incumbent ensures proper and timely support is provided to all Mission staff and ICASS subscribers. Coordinates residential commissioning and make-ready activities. Other functions and duties may be assigned in conjunction with special events for short-term durations normally not to exceed ninety days. This is a full-time sensitive ICASS position, which requires a ‘secret’ security clearance.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Two year of general administrative work experience is required
Completion of Secondary School or Local Mandatory Schooling and received high school diploma
LANGUAGE: English (Good knowledge) reading, speaking, and writing skill is required. This may be tested
SKILLS AND ABILITIES Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs. This may be tested
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.Qualifications:
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.Other Information:
For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
1. AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
2. AEFM / USEFM
3. FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a secret level clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.Required Documents:
To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
• High School Diploma
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
• Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
• Passport copy
• DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)Next Steps:
Only applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon.