Description du poste
OFFRE D'EMPLOI: Communication and Media Officer
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Plan International Cameroon is presently achieving its purpose in Cameroon through numerous Development and Humanitarian programs and projects to improve the lives of children and youths especially girls, and their families. As part of actions to support the achievement of its programmes, Plan International Cameroon implements numerous Communication (Brand and Visibility) actions to raise its profile, and numerous Influencing (Advocacy and Behavior Change) actions, to tackle and eradicate root causes of issues affecting children and youths.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
The Communication & Media Officer will support the implementation of the Country Communication and the Country Influencing Strategies: Communication with Stakeholders, Media Relations, Resource Mobilization, Social Mobilisation and Behavior Change, Advocacy, Youth Engagement, with a strong focus on social media, knowledge management, designing and content production, and the engagement of youths and mobilization of duty-bearers to eradicate the root causes of issues affecting children and youths.
Internal Liaison and Communications
- Support the implementation of the internal communications strategy of Plan International Cameroon
- Support the realization of internal communication actions to promote the values, policies, and the accepted behaviour and culture of Plan International to staff.
- Support the drafting, editing, design and layout of Information, Education and Communication tools for internal communication (posters, fliers, snapshots/Newsletters, articles etc.).
- Regularly update Plan International's internal communication channels (Media Bank, Workplace, Telegram, etc.) with suitable quality materials (blogs, pictures, videos, etc.).
- Use available in-house resources to create material and messages to produce content for internal communication tools.
- Support the implementation of Plan International Cameroon's External Communication Actions.
- Support the implementation of the Social Media Plan and ensure the quality management of the organization's social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter Workplace, Instagram, etc.)
- Support the conception and production of a diverse range of Information, Education, Communication and visibility materials: print, audio, video, etc., for external use.
- Carry out field visits to cover program activities and produce communication materials (fact sheets, case studies, stories, testimonies, quality pictures, videos, articles, stories, quotes, etc.) and share with the PR & Comms Specialist for review and dissemination.
- Support the conception and quality realization of media relation initiatives/activities. (media coverages, press conferences, media interviews, press kits, media list, Media monitoring, etc.).
- Support Plan International's branding and visibility actions; branding of NFIs, constructions, meetings, events, etc.
- Support other Communication initiatives when need be.
Influencing (Advocacy and Behaviour Change)
- Support the development and implementation of engaging youth-led actions to advocate the buy-in of duty-bearers to eradicate root causes of issues affecting children and youths at local and national levels.
- Support the development and implementation of awareness-raising activities (Behaviour Change and Community Mobilization actions) that will stimulate change in harmful behaviours and practices that affect children and youths in communities.
- Support program teams in identifying and responding to youth engagement and community mobilization initiatives.
- Support the implementation of key actions to strengthen cooperation with strategic partners (Donors, Government Ministries/institutions, Humanitarian Actors, Corporate Institutions, CSO, Youth Groups, etc.).
Other activities: Training, comms administrative tasks
- Support the organization of capacity building sessions for staff, youths, the press, and partners.
- Carry out administrative tasks for the communication unit: making requisitions, drafting letters, advance requests, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- People Skills: Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership and can support and train local and international staff and work with disaster-affected communities in a sensitive and participatory manner.
- Communication Skills: Well developed written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders as a representative of Plan International. This includes effective negotiation and representation skills.
- Integrity: Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to Plan International's values and humanitarian principles.
- Resilience/Adaptability and flexibility: Ability to operate effectively under extreme circumstances, including stress, high-security risks and harsh living conditions. Works and lives in a flexible, adaptable and resilient manner.
- Awareness and sensitivity of self and others: Demonstrates knowledge and sensitivity to gender and diversity. Have experience and the ability to live and work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner.
- Work style: Is well planned and organized even within a fluid working environment and has a capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and skills: knowledge of the Core Humanitarian Standards, information management and telecommunication skills, proficiency in information technology, computer skills, etc.
- At least 01 year of development or humanitarian aid experience will be an asset.
- Multiple language skills desirable
Technical Competencies required for this position
- University Degree in Journalism, Communication or equivalent experience
- At least 02 years of experience working in journalism, communications, media, or Public Relations.
- Strong understanding of print, radio, television and online media
- Experience as a spokesperson
- Good photography and/or filming skills;
- Additional technical skills are desirable, including proficiency in Adobe Photoshop or photo-editing software and movie-editing software such as Adobe Premier
- Fluent written and spoken English and French. Preference will be given to candidates who speak more than one working language.
- A minimum of 6 months of experience working with or collaborating with an NGO or UN agency, or equivalent, is preferred.
- Prior experience travelling to, or working in an emergency environment will be an asset.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Ability to operate effectively in stressful situations, including working overtime.
- Gender awareness and cultural sensitivity.
- Good time management and problem-solving skills.
- Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to Plan International's values and principles;
To apply for this job, kindly click on "Apply"