Description du poste
Primary Responsibilities of the Manager
- Carrying out and attaining the mission and goals of the company.
- Maintain company personal relationships with third-party partners by organizing meetings, attending meetings, networking, nurturing leads, and follow up on ongoing deals.
- Work with Human Resources staff to recruit, interview, select, hire, and employ an appropriate number of employees.
- Provide oversight and direction to the employees in the operating unit in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, support, and working effectively together to enable each employee and the department to succeed.
- Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organization's and that emphasizes the identified mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the organization.
- Lead employees using a performance management and development process that provides an overall context and framework to encourage employee contribution and includes goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning.
- Lead employees to meet the organization's expectations for productivity, quality, continuous improvement, and goal accomplishment.
- Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action, with the assistance of Human Resources, when necessary.
- Maintain employee work schedules including assignments, job rotation, training, vacations, and paid time off, telecommuting, cover for absenteeism, and overtime scheduling.
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, IM (Instant Messaging), and regular interpersonal communication.
- Knowledge and experience in business, supervision, and management.
- Knowledge of the functions, operation, and mission of the specific department.
- Better than average written and spoken communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching and development skills.
- Management experience in a team-oriented workplace preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic economics, budgeting, and accounting principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the organization's management team that provides leadership and direction.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include knowledge of Excel and skills in Access.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices and employee relations.
- Evidence of the ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational management skills.
Education and Required Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business or a management-related field.
- A minimum of two years of responsible leadership experience in management or supervisory positions.
- Specialized training in managing human resources preferred.
- English: Most be your first language
- French: second language