Description du poste
Expediting Advisor – Douala
Our client, a multinational Oil & Gas company and E & P, is looking for an Expediting
Advisor M/F to accompany the strong development of its activities in Cameroon.
Job Purpose :
The Expediting Advisor is responsible for all import and export supply to ensure that all materials and supplies are delivered by the required-on site (ROS) date with no risk or delays to projects or activities. His/her duties include communicating with suppliers about the status of supplies, problem- solving to reduce the impact of late shipments and submitting purchase orders to vendors.
Key Accountabilities/Result Area :
Principal Deliverables and accountabilities include:
• Contact all vendors regularly to accurately track Purchase Orders (PO), verify each status regularly, gather accurate information on PO status and communicate findings to stakeholders; ensure delivered supplies meet quality standards and determine expected delivery dates to ensure on-time delivery and business continuity.
• Maintain documentation. Assist management in resolving concerns with shipment, short falls in delivery, customer inquiries, and all other issues with orders. Accurately respond to inquiries on orders.
• Advise Buyers of all overdue orders and ensure follow up with vendor so that contingency plans can be triggered with the business.
• Open and maintain auditable files for each import PO in accordance with Company guidelines and statutory requirements to correctly and efficiently respond to inquiries and resolve issues regarding orders; Full collaboration on audits and respond satisfactorily and timely to Audit actions raised.
• Analyze PO data and prepare weekly expediting reports for the end-users and the Department; provide data for preparing SCM activity reports for management and HQ.
• Ensure vendors are assessed / evaluated periodically per the SCM KPIs agreed and report to Corporate as mandated.
• Coordinate the packing and crating of Expatriate Staff personal effects out of Cameroon.
• Issuing purchase orders for requisitions assigned to him/her by the Supervisor
• Ensure materials and equipment ready from vendor as per PO terms are collected by Customs
• Responsible for preparing accurate Commercial Invoices for Export shipment for all goods
that are returned, especially for repairs to avoid double customs fees.
• Advise appropriate shipping Mode on POs issued by buyers and liaise with Customs & Lifting
Houston departure schedule with Bollore Houston
• Ensure materials are picked, crated, shipped and delivered in line with Company HSSE Management Standards; fully participate in all HSSE activities and awareness sessions to improve Company HSSE performance vis a vis our vendor delivery.
• Perform any other tasks pertaining to Expeditor / buyer as assigned by supervisor
NB: The incumbent may perform other related duties as assigned.
• Understanding customs laws/regulations and procedures.
• Understanding the customs requirements for importation of materials by oil companies
operating in Cameroon.
• Understanding SCM processes and procedures.
• Ability to work accurately and timely with minimum supervision.
• Time zone and communication barriers with vendors.
Experiences / Competence & Requirements:
• Minimum B.Sc. in any business-related discipline.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working in freight forwarding, Expediting or SCM.
• Certification in Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) is an added advantage
• A good understanding of the roles of different actors in the Expediting process.
• Knowledge of Contract and Procurement processes.
• Excellent communication skills, with ability to read, write and speak in English and French.
• Knowledge of Incoterms 2010 Rules.
• Fast learner and a good team player.
• Excellent presentation and reporting skills
• Have a high ethical and moral character.
• Ability to work with people of diverse cultural background.
• Highly customer focused. Paying attention to details to ensure nothing slips through the cracks.
• Good analytical skills and MS Excel /
Interested candidates are invited to apply until Thursday 26th Mai 2022, to the following address : www.mhd.hsd-melt.com/