Description du poste
Procurement Assistant – Douala
Our client, a multinational Oil & Gas company and E & P, is looking for a Procurement
Assistant M/F to accompany the strong development of its activities in Cameroon.
Job Purpose :
The Procurement Assistant provides technical support to Procurement Specialist in the acquisition of material and services, mainly through Purchase Orders and Call off orders with focus on requirements from Core business technical operations
Key Accountabilities/Result Area :
• Applying the total cost of ownership principle in the acquisitions of goods and services.
• Applying all *** standards, terms and conditions, and RTP processes.
• Issuing requests for quotations and ITTs to potential vendors, followed by bid analysis
and vendor selection.
• Carry out commercial negotiation in all areas SCM operations.
• Issue Purchase Orders to vendor(s) selected for the award.
• Follow up inspection services (hydro test, welding, run tests of mechanical equipment)
for all engineered equipment manufactured for *** around the world. including but not limited to production equipment (Generators, Turbines, Compressors, industrial and marine engines, high pressure pumps, etc.).
• Carrying out contractor capability assessments with HSSE Department, as required.
• Carrying out supplier performance assessments, as required.
• When and where required provide procurement support for other
* Operating Companies around the world. • Provide support to inventory and management team when relevant. HSSE • • • Participate in all HSSE intervention schemes
(*, Incident reporting, site visits) and awareness sessions (HSSE Meetings, events and trainings) to maintain and improve Company HSSE culture and performance.
Understand the emergency procedure and the related requirements.
Lead as a role model to improve HSSE engagement within direct team, section, and department.
NB: The incumbent may perform other related duties as assigned.
• Delivery of high-quality services on time and to specification against very tight deadlines.
• Ensure that the company gets the best possible deal at all times when Call off
orders/POs are negotiated.
• Knowledge of market conditions, sources of supply and available commodities.
• Ensure that the vendors used by the company are reputable and responsible.
• Ensure that all purchases are made within the proper business guidelines established by the company.
• Maintain an ethical business relationship with all vendors at all times.
• Coordinate and communicate with user departments, making prioritizing and planning a challenge.
• Reduce supply lead times to meet business needs and managing the tension between
delivery schedules and inadequate requisitions lead times.
• Spot and correct inadequate information on requisitions, e.g. inadequate specifications.
• Work under pressure.
Experiences / Competence & Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in either engineering or business discipline.
• At least 2 years’ experience in EP operations within Engineering Departments, Offshore
Operations an Purchasing Department
• Certification in Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) or related SCM certifications a plus.
• Proficiency in Influencing and negotiation skills, able to represent innovative ideas, Terms & Conditions to an audience.
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Power Point.
• Ability to engender credibility and trust with clients and co-workers.
• Ability to work independently.
• High safety awareness and risk mitigation.
Interested candidates are invited to apply until Monday 01st August 2022, to the following address : www.mhd.hsd-melt.com/[email protected]