Description du poste
Retail Sales Lead, Cameroon
Commercial · Cameroon, Yaounde
Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient borderless manner.
The Role: Flutterwave is looking for a Retail Sales Lead in Cameroon who will manage the growth and expansion of the company’s Sales operations in the assigned region from conceptualization to implementation in the designated local market and offerings in line with best practices and regulatory standards.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Collaborate cross-functionally internally with other Flutterwave departments.
• Quick learner who can understand the fintech/payments/banking, industry, and the
problems we are solving.
• Constant overarching focus on driving product awareness, traffic, user adoption (active
users) and revenues.
• Accurately qualify and forecast monthly business.
• Implement a metrics-driven approach to align activities with top-line revenue goals.
• Develop a deep understanding of competitive offerings to each Flutterwave product, and
identify positioning opportunities.
• Work closely with the central Retail team to improve their understanding of target
consumers and SMEs in local country.
• Develop a detailed understanding of consumer behaviour, needs and motivations within
the local market.
• Identify opportunities for growth within the local market using your first party experience
and third party data.
• Successfully drive the Flutterwave brand and drive brand awareness, through offline
events, identifying sponsorship opportunities and initiating partnerships/affiliate
• Supporting all forms of digital media including social and content writing, and helping the
central team plan proactive social content.
• Understand what is trending on social in local market to generate reactive content.
• Consult to the product development team on local market view of product specifications
including design and market relevant features.
• Coordinate or participate in promotional activities including tradeshows, working with
developers, advertisers or production managers to market Flutterwave products.
• Initiate market research or commercial surveys to identify potential markets.
• Follow internal reporting requirements in a timely manner.
Required competency and skillset to be a waver
• In-depth knowledge and technical understanding of the organization’s strategy &
business, product, and service offerings
• Very good knowledge of local and global industry dynamics including regulation,
legislation, and operating environment.
• Very good understanding of micro and macroeconomic indices and their impact on
• Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systematic impact of
various policies, issues, and solutions.
• Excellent networking and negotiation skills
• Excellent interpersonal communication at all levels (verbal and written)
• Excellent problem solving, strategic thinking, and analytical skills
• Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills
• Excellent project management skill
- Authorization to work in Cameroon without sponsorship