Description du poste
Director of Finance and Operations/ Directeur des finances et des opérations - Proposal
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
In Our Interactions With Each Other And Our Clients, We Stay True To Our Values For Transformative Change By Focusing On
Guided by a strong vision of equitable and resilient systems that respond to people’s needs and emerging threats, URC helps countries and local actors to build, implement, and sustain science-driven, scalable solutions. Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical expertise to empower governments, communities, and service providers toward strengthening their own health and social systems and improve service quality. We aim to expand access to and improve the quality of services, addressing maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health; global health security and infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; nutrition and water, sanitation, and hygiene.
Creativity: by unleashing our creativity, we enhance engagement and interaction to improve problem-solving.
Collaboration: not only our work towards the same vision and mission instill staff with a strong sense of purpose, but also enables us to complement each other’s skills and allocate work to maximize everyone’s strengths.
Accountability: we hold ourselves responsible for accomplishing goals, completing assignments, and making decisions.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion: we embrace the importance of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, where our leadership and staff model behavior that enriches our organization, demonstrates respect for all people, and supports opportunities for all staff.
Transparency: we understand that when employees deeply trust one another and their leaders, they will be more engaged in their roles because they will not be worried about unfair treatment.
URC is searching for an experienced Director of Finance and Operations (DFO) for the anticipated USAID President Malaria Initiative (PMI) Activity in Cameroon. The PMI is a U.S. Government initiative designed to drastically reduce malaria deaths and illnesses with a long-term vision of a world without malaria. In Cameroon, PMI’s goal is to support the Government of Cameroon to improve access to and use of timely, quality, and well-documented malaria testing and treatment by providing facility- and community-based health workers with training, supervision, and malaria commodities to provide quality, effective care. The Cameroon PMI Activity will focus on malaria service delivery, including system strengthening and community-based interventions. The Activity interventions will target Adamaoua, North, and Far North regions with some components of the technical support implemented at the national level.
- The DFO will oversee the overall financial management, compliance, administration, human resources, and operations for the Activity, ensuring URC adheres to its and USAID’s policies, procedures, and regulations. S/he will be responsible for ensuring that USAID requirements for budget planning, monitoring, and reporting are fully met in a timely manner. The DFO will be responsible for the establishment and management of financial, operational, and administrative systems that support the Activity. S/he also will be responsible for financial and operational compliance with USAID requirements and running efficient Activity operations. S/he also will safeguard the Activity’s and URC’s resources by complying with contract terms and conditions, USAID, and all other applicable policies and regulations mitigating risks of fraud, waste, and abuse in all aspects of Activity operations and administration. S/he will report directly to the Chief of Party (COP) and is a member of the Activity's Senior Management Team (SMT). Specific responsibilities include the following:
- In close collaboration with the COP, provide oversight to the Activity’s finance, administration, logistics, and operations portfolio, covering financial and administrative issues at all levels of the Activity.
- Ensure ongoing efficient, effective support and compliance across all activities through the application of documented policies and procedures for finance and all core operations.
- Responsible for overseeing budgeting process, procurement, inventory, and forecasting, including developing budgets with teams and monitors budget pipelines.
- Guide, train, and supervise contract finance, grants, human resources, administration, operations (procurement, transport, information and communication technology, inventory, safety and security, stores/warehousing), and sub-award teams.
- Collaborate with USAID to ensure regular communication and timely response to requests, schedules, and reporting requirements. Direct activities of Activity support staff and ensure sufficient assistance is given to all Activity staff.
- Ensure that all Activity financial management, procurement and human resource practices are compliant with URC policies and U.S. government rules and regulations.
- Oversee the timely review, approval, and submission of all internal financial reporting requirements (e.g., donor financial reports, monthly field reports, e-draws, etc.).
- Provide the SMT, USAID, and URC with monthly financial reports, including the overall Activity budget status (budget tracker) and work plan budgets’ statuses; ensure potential issues are identified and addressed.
- Work closely with the SMT to develop/monitor annual plans and operating budgets and updates.
- Perform internal audits and reviews, as required, to ensure compliance with company standards, donor requirements, and internationally accepted accounting practices.
- Lead the implementation of strong internal controls and general risk management.
- Monitor the effective oversight and support to subcontractors to ensure consistent compliance with the terms of their contracts, including financial management and compliance with donor regulations.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Demonstrated strong analytical, interpersonal, and multitasking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a complex environment with multiple tasks and short deadlines.
- Excellent leadership skills and demonstrated ability to coach, mentor, and develop capacity in staff and stakeholders as well as manage and work effectively with teams.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Master's degree or a bachelor's degree with 10 years of experience in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or in a relevant field.
- At least 8 years progressive experience managing finance, operations, including areas, such as procurement, contracts, grants management, logistics, and/or human resource on projects of similar scope, size, and dollar value, with at least five years in a senior management position.
- Proven ability to build and effectively supervise a diverse team of employees, with at least five years of experience supervising a finance team.
- Experience managing and monitoring subcontracts with international and local partners, including grants under contract
- Prior experience working with USAID and other international donors and knowledge of USAID and US Government policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Proven ability to prepare budgets, contracts/subcontracts, and donor financial reports.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office applications and accounting software.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in French and English, instilling trust and confidence and demonstrating an ability to communicate with various audiences including stakeholders, partners, and donors.
- Fluency in English and French (oral and written) is required.
|Métier :|| |
Gestion, comptabilité, finance
Management, direction générale
|Secteur d´activité :|| |
Services collectifs et sociaux, services à la personne
|Type de contrat :|| |
CDI - CDD
|Région :|| |
Bafoussam - Bamenda - Bertoua - Buéa - Douala - Ebolowa - Garoua - Maroua - Ngaoundéré - Yaoundé
|Niveau d'expérience :|| |
Expérience entre 5 ans et 10 ans
|Niveau d'études :|| |
|Nombre de poste(s) :||1|