Description du poste
FEWS NET EWT
Cameroon Country Representative (CR)
The Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET) Early Warning Team (EWT) seeks a full-time country representative based in Yaoundé, Cameroon. FEWS NET is an integrated set of activities to provide timely, accurate, evidence-based, and transparent food security early warning information and analysis. Chemonics International (Chemonics) implements the FEWS NET EWT, a team charged with integrated emergency food insecurity analysis through a Washington-based technical office and more than 20 field offices.
The Cameroon CR will support the effective execution of technical activities in the national office and will serve as the technical, administrative, and political (representational) head of the project office. The CR is responsible for activities in a number of areas including acute food insecurity monitoring, data collection and assessment; acute food insecurity and early warning analysis; and collaboration with key network partners.
Minimum qualifications for this position include:
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and French is required; local language skills relevant to the region are desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to the work of FEWS NET, such as economics, agricultural economics, agronomy, nutrition, climatology, anthropology, or social geography is required; advanced university degree (Master’s degree or higher) is desirable
- At least two years of relevant experience (with PhD), four years of relevant experience (with Master’s degree), or six years of relevant experience (with Bachelor’s degree) is required. Relevant experience includes working on food security information systems, food security analysis, early warning, or other related fields; experience working with UN agencies and/or NGOs is desirable
- Demonstrated analytical and report-writing skills are required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required, including demonstrated ability to coordinate productively with diverse partner stakeholders (e.g., UN, non-governmental organizations, host government entities) and multidisciplinary, multicultural teams, and to work effectively with remote-based colleagues
- Excellent computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) are required; ability to effectively use statistical software packages and/or GIS applications is desirable
The application deadline for the Cameroon CR position is Monday, January 10th, 2021. A full scope of work for this position and application information can be found at www.fews.net/vacancies.
All application materials, including responses to the general information form, CVs, and cover letters, should be provided in English. No telephone inquiries. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.