Description du poste
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Job Title: HR and Admin Intern
Reports to: Human Resource Officer Douala
Duration: 03 Months
Applications Due date : September 20 th 2022
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health NACC and the Regional and District Health Teams to support HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment and health systems strengthening services. EGPAF is mainly funded by PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Purpose of the Job
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is seeking an Human Resource Intern to provide front provide rudimentary HR functions get acquainted with operations in the organization. At EGPAF Douala Office. The Human Resource Intern will report to the Human Resource Officer in Douala office. The position requires basic HR knowledge and administrative skills in both official languages in Cameroon-English and French.
The Human Resource Intern shall demonstrate versatility by working in close collaboration with Human Resource, Procurement, Finance and Logistics Units.
- File and maintain New Employee records
- Provide Administrative support to HR Officers
- Takes part in recruitment process.
- Assists in gathering data for preparation of payroll
- Conducts file audit as assigned by senior staff.
- Produce and distribute HR documents as duly assigned by Senior staff
HR Admin Support
- Ensure that all newly recruited staff get their badges by liaising with procurement.
- Ensure the logistics (reservations and layout of the room) for the orientations of new recruits
- Prepare and deposit transmittal document of ASCOMA reimbursement requests
- Prepare and send the letters requesting assignments to the regional delegation of MINSANTE
- Prepare and transmit to procurement the badge requests of new employees.
- Update the staff list contacts tracker after each recruitment and share with the IT assistant
- Should liaise with the delegation to obtain deployment of newly recruited EGPAF staff to their respective sites.
Education & Experience
- Diploma in HR Administration, Business Studies
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience as HR Assistant.
- Knowledge of NGOs is an asset
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Good communication skills;
- Good organizational & planning skills;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Flexibility & strong sense of confidentiality;
- Minimum degree of BTS or Bachelor in Human Resources
- Similar professional experience of 6 months to 1 year in an NGO or international organization
- Be rigorous, autonomous and also have very good adaptation skills.
- Be creative and have a sense of service.
- Good command of the Pack Office
- Good command of French and/or English
Integrity and honesty
- Problem Solving – Problem solving is a person’s ability to use critical thinking to identify and analyze problems, weigh relevance and accuracy of information, generate and evaluate alternative solutions, and makes recommendations.
- Flexibility – Flexibility is a person’s ability to be open to change and new information and rapidly adapt to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
- Resilience – Resilience is a person’s ability to deal effectively with pressure, remain optimistic and persistent under adversity, and recover quickly from setbacks.
- Time Management – Time management is a person’s ability to effectively manage one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Customer Service – Customer service is a person’s ability to anticipate and meet the needs of internal and external customers while delivering high-quality products and services and being committed to continuous improvement.
|Métier :|| |
|Secteur d´activité :|| |
Services collectifs et sociaux, services à la personne
|Type de contrat :|| |
CDI - CDD
|Région :|| |
Bafoussam - Bamenda - Bertoua - Buéa - Douala - Ebolowa - Garoua - Maroua - Ngaoundéré - Yaoundé
|Niveau d'expérience :|| |
Débutant < 2 ans
|Niveau d'études :|| |
|Compétences clés :|| |
|Nombre de poste(s) :||1|